Excuses not to workout neither go out of stock nor out of fashion. They can be as monotonous as ‘I’m tired, I’m hungry, my favorite show is on TV,’ or they can get as creative as ‘it’s high time I reorganise my kitchen cabinets, I don’t have much space for equipment.’
You always have a somewhat valid reason for not exercising. Right? Well. Wrong.
Whether it’s your office cubicle or your pint-sized apartment, there are always ways to squeeze exercise into these spaces. From intense workout to strength training, aerobics, Zumba, and Yoga, you can do it all. It’s just a matter of some creative flexibility.
So, why not help you with a few at-home weight loss workouts recommended by the best trainers in the country.
7 Quick and easy exercises for small spaces
1. Heel Kicks
Personal training seems like a waste of money? Kick your butt into shape from the comfort of your apartment with this cardio move.
- Step 1: Stand up straight and bend both elbows to a 90-degree angle.
- Step 2: With your right foot on the ground, kick back your left heel toward your butt. Simultaneously, bring your right arm forward.
- Step 3: Next, shift your right elbow backward while bringing your left arm forward. Hop to your left foot and this time kick back your right heel toward your butt.
- Step 4: Keep alternating your arms and legs.
2 Plank to Frog Jump
You can do a whole lot of movement with this one at your mini makeshift gym. A pretty obvious move as it is!
- Step 1: Lay on the floor in a push-up position. Place both feet at about shoulder-width apart and stack your shoulders over your wrists. Your body will form a straight line in alignment with the head and heels.
- Step 2: Engage your core. Bend both the knees and jump both feet up.
- Step 3: Then jump back to starting position with the support of your palms.
3. Standing Mountain Climbers
Go mountain climbing without pounding the pavement. This intense cardio will get your body grooving. Let’s find out how.
- Step 1: Stand up straight. Lift your left knee parallel to your hip and drive your right arm into the air.
- Step 2: Alternate with your left foot by lifting your right knee parallel to your hip. This time drive your left arm into the air.
- Step 3: Keep alternating your arms and legs.
4. Bob Weave Punch
Trainers at the best fitness center in Raja Park near Adarsh & Jawahar Nagar, Jaipur is huge fan of Bob Weave Punch because you can literally do it anywhere, no matter how tiny your room is.
- Step 1: Stand up straight by placing both feet slightly wider than your shoulders-width.
- Step 2: Lower your torso by bending your knees.
- Step 3: Make fists with both hands and bring them near your chest.
- Step 4: While holding this position, lift your right heel off the ground by standing up at the same time.
- Step 5: Now make a sharp twist toward the left and act as if you want to punch your right fist across your chest toward the left.
- Step 6: Get back to the center. Bring your hand and heel to the starting position.
- Step 7: This time lift your left heel off the ground. Make another twist toward the right and act as if you want to punch your left fist across your chest toward the right.
- Step 8: Return to the position where you started.
5. Knee Drives
If you have room to stand, you sure will have room to do knee drives too. This one is quick, simple and straightforward.
- Step 1: Stand up straight by placing your feet slightly wider than shoulders-width. Exert all pressure on your right foot.
- Step 2: Lift both the arms over your right shoulder.
- Step 3: Engage your core.
- Step 4: Slowly, bring down both the arms toward your left hip. Now, lift your left knee towards your chest.
- Step 5: Go back to the starting position and continue this for a minute.
- Step 6: Do the same for the opposite side.
6. Diamond shape plank
Even most healthcare services are in favor of this next-level version of plank exercises. The good news is, you do not need much space take to perform this one.
- Step 1: Lay on the ground in plank position. Place both feet slightly wider than hips and hands under the chest. It will form a diamond shape.
- Step 2: Draw your abs into the spine and bend the elbows. Lower your chest to the floor by keeping your hips intact. Return to the position where you started. Do three sets with 10-12 reps.
7. Chest press
You don’t need personal training at the gym to lose weight. Simply get a resistance band, and that’s pretty much it.
- Step 1: Lock resistance band to the door. Now face the other direction and take each side of the band in either hand.
- Step 2: Slowly bend your knees while pointing your toes forward. Keep the core muscles engaged.
- Step 3: Make a 90-degree angle with your arm shaping them up parallel to the floor.
- Step 4: Try to straighten them by pushing them forward. Repeat 15 times.
There should not be any excuses now. Or should they? But still, if you are too lazy to move your butt for exercise, go around cleaning. Though it does not burn many calories, it is better than being a couch potato, and at the end, you will end up with a cleaner home.