As you grow older, you will start to notice that wrinkles will begin to look around your eyes. This is usually one of the natural signs of aging that show up as we grow older. However, in so many cases, these things appear quicker than we expect them to and can cause us unnecessary worries about our look. There are some important proteins that your body produces naturally in order to keep your skin layers thick, soft and flexible.
Cause of eye wrinkles
The skin around the eyes is the thinnest in the whole body and the expression that you make every day cause it to wrinkles and fold. Over time, as your skin naturally loses collagen and elasticity as you age, your skin will stop springing back into its former, smooth position, and these wrinkles and folds will become permanent.
Preventing Eye Wrinkles
- Sun protection: To reduce the number of eye wrinkles on your skin is by reducing the amount of damage that your skin is currently being exposed to. There are a few environmental factors like the UV rays of the sun, wind, air pollution etc that cause serious damage to your skin. As for now, if you are going to spend more than 20 minutes under the sun, then you need to wear good quality UV sunglasses. This is so that you can protect the very sensitive skin around your eyes from UV radiation. You should also use a sunscreen cream with a high protection factor on the skin around your eyes to also help protect that area from the damaging UV rays that emanate from the sun. The sun dries out your skin and the Ultraviolet rays promote premature aging which is what results in the wrinkles on your face and most especially around your eyes.
- Diet: Unsurprisingly, healthy eating can play a big role in slowing the aging process. You have listened the term ‘superfoods’ being thrown around the media, and while they’re not a fix-all solution, eating a diet high in these things can help. Include products like oily fish, nuts and seeds, plenty of fruit and vegetables, dark chocolate and green tea.
- Skincare Products: When it comes to eye creams and serums, there are a few ingredients that you should look out for. Hexpeptides work similarly to botulinum toxin to reduce muscle movement, idebenone is a powerful antioxidant, retinol thickens the skin to make it look less transparent, and peptides stimulate collagen production.
- Facial Exercise: There are a few exercises that specially target the areas around the eyes so that wrinkles become smoothen out. An example is: putting your fingers under your eyebrows and then pushing them up and down firmly and gently on your eyes really helps in reducing the water that has built up into the puffy bags that are under your eyes. You have got to do this particular exercises a few times and you should maintain the pressure for just 5 seconds only.
Treatment for Eye Wrinkles
A number of non-surgical cosmetic treatments available that can effectively treat eye wrinkles and each are most suited to different types.
- Dermal Filler: Dermal filler do exactly; they fill in the deeper, permanent wrinkles that Botox injection is unable to treat. It is an injectable supplement to exercise the skin, fill in lines and wrinkles and re-energize the dull face. They’re great to reduce scars and fine lines that seem on the skin with time and age. If you want to look beautiful and young then get the Dermal Fillers in West Palm Beach, FL.
- Botox Injections: These injections are best suited to frown, crow’s feet, worry and ‘bunny’ lines – also known as ‘dynamic’ wrinkles. If you are thinking of having a non-surgical cosmetic treatment, choose Botox in West Palm Beach where your treatment is administered by trained, qualified and certified experts.
For more information on any of the above features, Visit our “BeautyMdClinic” located in West Palm Beach, 6905 S Dixie Hwy, Florida 33405.